About the Sporting Clubs Program
Our voluntary sporting clubs program aims to counter the growing culture of gambling in clubs by encouraging and supporting responsible and healthy club environments.
We aim to:
- Help clubs preserve the essence of their sport by separating gambling from sports
- Shift the focus back to the ‘love of the game’ not the odds
- Minimise young people’s exposure to gambling activities and advertising
- Increase awareness of the risks associated with gambling
- Provide education sessions about responsible gambling to clubs
- Help prevent problem gambling and related harm
- Raise awareness of Gambler’s Help services
For more information on the Sporting Clubs Program, view the brochure (1.1Mb).
Responsible Gambling Charter
We have developed a Responsible Gambling Charter (847kb) to help clubs take a responsible approach to gambling. Signing the charter is a commitment to minimising the exposure of gambling activities and advertising to young people, and to raise awareness about the potential risks of gambling in the club community.
When clubs sign the charter they will receive:
- A certificate of participation
- Signage to display in clubrooms
- Use of the program logo for promotional purposes e.g. club newsletters
Participating clubs have the opportunity to book education sessions delivered by the Foundation. More information > (3.4mb)
Clubs are encouraged to nominate officials or senior players who will act as ‘charter champions’ to lead the club in implementing the program. More information > (400kb)